Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE)
SUE • Utility Locating • Vacuum Excavation Potholing
Don’t bust those hidden utility lines, be right the first time! Hire Boudreau Pipeline’s Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE) so you have reliable information to help contractors, re-designers, engineers and developers plan their projects. Provide your project team with a clear understanding of the challenges and opportunities that lie beneath your project site and create a safe working environment for field workers.
How do we do it?
- Potholing using vacuum excavation eliminates possible damage by pinpointing utility position in three dimensions to provide utility type, material, size, depth, soil type, water table, contamination, and other properties of the soil.
- Electromagnetic waves locate the horizontal position of utilities
- Ground penetrating radar is used to detect interfaces between subsurface materials to identify nonconductive pipelines and substructures.
- Lastly, an in-depth PDF report with our notes, findings and conclusions is provided to allow cost effective decisions to be made by the project team.
What do our clients think of us?
- BPC SUE has a 0% damage rate on any utility lines
- Every 6 minutes an underground utility line is damaged
- There are more than 20 million miles of underground utilities in the US (according to data compiled by CGA & various industry groups)
- You save $4.62 for every $1 spent on SUE
Sources: call811.com & fhwa.dot.gov
SERVICESWhat can we do for you?
- Subsurface Utility Engineering
- Utility Mapping/ Designation
- Utility Conflict Excavation
- Leak Detection/Repair
- Test Station/Lead Wire Installations
- Service Line Termination
- Corrosion Survey at Pipe Transition Points
- Expose Pipelines for Coating Inspection
- Traffic Control
- Anode Installation
- Excavation and Corrosion Survey/Recoat at Pipe-soil-to-Air Interfaces
- Valve Maintenance (Clean/Grease/Exercise/Repack)
- Joint Bonding
- Valve Box Cleaning
- PDF Report with pothole exhibit and picture